Monday, June 6, 2011

What is that in the road?!?



At first, I could not believe my eyes. I thought we were stuck behind a family walking into Walmart- the massive hairy haunches slowly churning up and down as the beasts lurched forward. However, this was not your average run on Sam's Choice Cheesy Balls and Cola. We were stuck behind a family of buffalos! Four adults and two calves strolling leisurely down the road.










Being greeted by bears at glacier was a rare delight. But this interaction at Yellowstone's west entrance brought close encounters to a new level. As you can see from the video, the buffalo were practically in the car.






YouTube Video

About ten minutes before, I had told Josh that the first to slap a buffalo on the butt was the king of the road trip (and to sweeten the deal, if he slapped a buffalo first, I would pay for all of the gas). After coming face-to-face with these modern mammoths, we both decided to stick with a laissez-fair policy. The buffalo were welcome to slap themselves without assistance from us.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:West Entrance to Yellowstone

No comments:

Post a Comment